This fun balloon tennis game is easy to set up and a great indoor activity to burn off some energy while simultaneously supporting the development of hand eye coordination, gross motor skills, balance and coordination.
- String, Long enough to hang the balloon within your child’s reach (their forehead level is a great height)
- Strong Tape
DIY Racket Materials:
- Paper Plates or Cardboard cut to be a good paddle sized shape
- Wooden spoon or large popsicle sticks, or other such stick for the handle
- If making racquets, gather your materials, decorate if desired, and then tape the handle to the paddle
- Blow up one balloon.
- Tie the string to the balloon and then using strong tape, connect it to the ceiling or tie it to a ceiling fan, beam, door frame, etc…
- Volly the balloon back and forth between you and your toddler or set it up, model how to hit the balloon with the paddle, and then hand it over to your child for an independent game.
Comments: Tying the balloon to a string helps toddlers with the number of successful volleys they get while playing this game. This is, however, optional and simply having a balloon to hit