CUTTING BOX FOR FINE MOTOR SKILLS
Simple cutting patterns will help children develop fine motor skills. It will also give them the opportunity to create their own original crafts at home! Having a specific box available for cutting materials allows the child to work on this skill whenever they choose.
- Paper towel rolls
- A small box
- Find a medium sized bin/box to store materials specifically for cutting
- On pieces of paper, draw curved lines, squares, triangles, circles (This is the key!)
- Add different materials that can easily/safely be cut with scissors
- Show your child how to hold the scissor in one hand and the materials in the other
- Show the child how to cut along each line
- Have Fun!