Super Cool Vinegar & Baking Soda work & it’s NOT a volcano!
See what items you can find at home that will bounce/dance around in a jar
- Large mouthed glass jar or vase
- Food coloring (optional)
- 3 teaspoons of Baking soda
- ¼ cup of vinegar
- Fill jar or vase almost full with water
- Add 3 or 4 drops of food coloring and mix
- Add vinegar
- Add baking soda
- Drop in rice- and watch them rise and fall!!
Try other items you may find at home like buttons, beans or pasta
Drop in just a few items at a time to give space in the jar for lots of movement
Extensions: Make a hypothesis–Will the items dance or not?
Set a timer to see how long the items dance around!