Here is a wonderful video of sweet Zoey arranging flowers! This is a great exercise in caring for the environment, fine and gross motor development and sequencing.
- Small Vases or cups that can serve as vases
- A sponge to clean any spills
- Set up a tray with a pitcher of water, an empty vase, flowers, a bowl for trimmings, scissors and a sponge.
- Initially, you will need to model how to perform this activity with your child.
- Bring tray to table
- Carefully pour water into the empty vase (use sponge to clean any spills)
- Use the scissors to trim flowers and place trimmings in a bowl
- Arrange the cut flowers in the vase
- Place the vase on the table and return the tray to the shelf.
- Place this material on your childs’ work shelf to perform during their day. Invite them to decorate the house with their arrangements.