Food Prep – Hummus Wraps
How to Make Hummus
Your little learner can make their own batch of hummus to share with the whole family!
Gather The Things
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2TBSP of lemon juice
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 2TBS Tahini or Tahini Substitute -D on’t have Tahini? No problem! Any nut or seed butter will make a tasty substitute!
To mash the chickpeas: a potato masher or serving fork (if silky smooth hummus is desired, help your little learner finish it off in the blender or processor)
Use a big bowl to contain the ingredients. Have a spoon handy.
- Invite your child to help gather ingredients and kitchen materials.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Save the canned liquid. If hummus is too thick: add a little back in.
- Put all ingredients into the big bowl.
- Show your child how to mash and then use the spoon to scrape down the sides of the bowl and mash some more. Let them mash until they feel ‘all done’.
- Enjoy the hummus.
- Ask the chef to make a snack for the family : hummus roll-ups on tortillas, crackers or pitas spread with hummus and topped with an olive or carrot slice, endless possibilities.