Get Involved at Athena!
For information on how to get involved at Athena, visit our Get Involved FAQ.
We reached our 2019 fundraising goal—thanks to you! After expenses, we raised a total of $13,049.20. Our first-annual online auction brought in $9,667.00; we raised another $1,200.00 in cash donations and $1,600.00 at our end-of-year Owl Fest celebration.
We have already had the custom library shelves built and installed in the office. Please stop by to see the beautiful craftsmanship of Jesse Drerup, New American Journeyman. Our next purchase with the funds raised will be to research and buy new and culturally relevant children’s books, as well as a library app, to expand and improve our library for the students. Additionally, we have purchased a new integrative security app for our teachers and administration to be able to utilize in the event of an emergency, which will allow us to communicate quickly with our community and emergency personnel. We hope never to have to use the system but feel more secure and prepared should we ever have to do so.
I wish to extend a special thank you to the following people:
- Erin Kant, our Room Parent Coordinator, for coming up with the idea for an online auction, and doing the legwork to make it a success;
- Lauren Spies, our Primary 5 Room Parent, for planning and executing our pizza party;
- Emiliano Giacchetti and Anna Esposito, Barbara and Scott Sebastian, and Phil Friday for cash donations;
- Our many donors who donated unique and fabulous items and services to our online auction (please see our EOY Newsletter or the Get Involved page of our website for a list of donors);
- Our wine sponsor, McGuire Moorman Hospitality and beer sponsor Real Ale;
- Our Room Parents who volunteered time and energy on the events, gathered auction items, and supported community communication;
- Everyone who attended our Home Slice Pizza party, bought something in the auction, or came to Owl Fest.
We are so grateful to all of you for your support of our fundraising efforts at Athena. Your generosity allows us to further achieve our goals of providing a top-notch learning organization for our community.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING
OUR FUNDRAISING EFFORTS AT ATHENA
Thank You To our Owl Fest Sponsors and Online Auction Donors!
McGuire Moorman Hospitality
Real Ale Brewery
Lucy’s Fried Chicken
Time Knot Forgotten Photography
Heavenly Care Moving & Storage
Brynna Connor, M.D
Creative Dance Adventures / Ms. Joan
Dr. Jonathan Schultz, Family First Chiropractic
Bebeto Gurgel and Michele Schaap / Sarah White
Danielle Martinez and Ronald Hasso
Castle Hill Fitness
Minta Maria / Maria Snail
Define Body & Mind
Rare Bird Medicine / Heather Mackay
Jennifer Aaron Fine Art LLC
Golden Hour Prints / Heather Sundquist
YETI / The Puttemans Family
Fringe Hill Leather / Kimberly Brown & Nicki Hunter
Life Ki-do Martial Arts
Friday Milner Lambert Turner, LLC / Phil Friday / Amy Lambert
McGuire Moorman Hospitality / Tom & Lauren Moorman
Laurie Carswell Collage
Richard McCormick DC / Dynamic Health Center
Austin Salt Cave
Amity Worrel & Co.
Tots 1 Warblers Class
Tots 2 Sandpiper Class
Noel Bridges / Pool Burger & Antone’s Night Club
Kant Law / Abraham & Erin Kant
Lou Bardot Mules / Brigitte & Spencer Sharp
New American Journeyman
The Joint Chiropractic
Dee Dee Northern Thai Food Trailer
Olive & June
Time Flashes By Photography
Ms. Morgan Hendricks
Solodus Shoes / Harry Small
Ms. Susanne Crawford
Mr. Drew Fischels
Other ways to contribute
Purchase an engraved brick for the Athena pathway! Download the form here.