Homemade Bird Feeders
Celebrate Earth Day by creating a natural and biodegradable bird feeder with your child!
- Biodegradable twine (you can also use any type of yarn or pipe cleaners)
- Place a piece of twine, string or a pipe cleaner and place on a tray with a bowl of cheerios or similar cereal.
- Tie a knot at the end of your twine so the cereal cannot fall through.
- Have your child thread the cheerios onto the piece of twine. Leave one inch uncovered on each side.
- Tie ends together
- Head outside and help your child find a tree to hang the bird feeder.
- Watch as the birds come and snack!