Let Your Love Light Shine At Home!
In a Montessori classroom, we love letting our love lights shine. Make your own at home with some construction paper and string or yarn!
To show the love in your child’s heart (And your own!) in a visual way.
- Construction paper- yellow is regularly used, but I love letting the child pick the color.
- A glass or something round to trace around
- 1-Hole Puncher
- String or yarn
- Writing tool used to trace
- Trace a circle with a round object from around your home.
- Cut out the circle.
- Punch a hole near the edge of the circle.
- Thread the string or yarn through the hole and tie a knot.
- Discuss the love light you see shining inside of them and that sometimes their love light might feel dim when sad things happen- and that is okay too.
Depending on your child’s age, they may be able to do this entire project on their own. Take into account their skills with tracing, scissor work and tying a knot.
When teaching proper scissor use, tell them to always remember “thumbs up!” Children have a natural tendency to twist their hands the opposite way- with their pinkies up.