Moose Math App
Description: Click HERE to download the free Moose Math app. This is a fun app that deals with counting, addition, subtraction, shapes, and measurement.
Goal: Play games that deal with:
- The relationship between numerals and quantities
- Word problems and number patterns
- Counting by 1’s, 2’s, 5’s and 10’s and to 100
- Adding and subtracting by 1’s, 2’s, 5’s and 10’s
- Practicing geometry and learning to identify shapes
- Understanding and comparing lengths
Materials: Digital device
Steps: Download the app HERE
- Turn the music off on the app. It’s important for the child to be set up to concentrate, so any unnecessary stimuli should be removed.
- With a little research you can find many great educational apps. This app was recommended along with other apps at Salon, Scholastic, and the developer, Duck Duck Moose, has many other educational apps available and free through the not for profit Khan Academy (another online educational resource.)
Add challenges: Get a pencil and paper and record the operations along with the app. Use the papers to make a book of each section.
Extensions: Take a break from the screen and print off the accompanying PDF worksheets for each game.
Paint Pet Game (print on cardstock)