My Name Puzzle
A fun self-correcting puzzle to help children learn to spell their name or other words using pictures as a guide!
- A color printer
- Sharpie or other thick marker (option to type as well)
- Picture of your child/pet/family members
- Laminator (optional)
- Print a picture of your child from the computer, making sure to leave a white space under the picture to print their name (you can type it too)
- Write their name under the picture, making sure to space it out the whole length of the picture
- Cut the picture vertically in strips one letter per strip
- Option to laminate the picture
Make sure the picture is more of a close up on their face, too much background could cause confusion.
Tips: If you are typing the letters, be sure to use a font that closely mimics lowercase handwriting and try in bold as well
Add challenges: For more challenging animal words click the link below for free PDF