Painting with Spaghetti
With this fun messy activity, you and your child will be able to explore some sensory fun and at the same time create a work of art. This project will help with the practice of fine motor skills and color mixing.
- Cooked spaghetti noodles
- Any color paint of your choice
- A baking sheet
- If you don’t already have left over cooked spaghetti noodles, boil some and let them cool before moving on to the next step
- On the baking sheet add some paint, separated in a few sections. You can use primary colors to mix and make your favorite color.
- Have your child place a couple noodles into each color and mix them around until they are covered in the paint. Give them a few minutes to explore the texture and feeling of the wet noodles.
- When ready, take your paint noodles and use them to stamp, swipe, or swirl on the paper. Use as many colors as desired!
Another fun way to paint with spaghetti is adding the paper and some noodles to a container with a lid. Close it up and shake it!