At Home Learning
Click HERE for a link to our At Home Learning resources.
Click here to visit our Clean Living Section! Find out more about how Athena is on a mission to work together with parents and community members to limit toxins on, in, and around little bodies!
Click here for 2020 Parenting Workshop minutes: Find out more information from our Ask It Basket 2020 Parenting Workshop!
Recommended Books & Articles
- The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains
- A Parent's Guide to the Montessori Classroom
- How to Raise an Amazing Child the Montessori Way
- Teach Me to Do it Myself
- Montessori Madness
- Montessori from the Start
- For an extended list of Montessori-related books, click here.
- Montessori Builds Innovators
- Is Montessori the Origin of Google & Amazon?
- Montessori Education Provides Better Outcomes than Traditional Methods, Study Finds
- The Montessori Mafia
- A Neuropsychologist's Perspective on Montessori (PDF)
- Why More Public Schools are Adopting the Montessori Model
- Montessori vs. Traditional Education - Lisl Friday
Parenting & Child Development
- Parenting from the Inside Out
- Parenting with Love and Logic: Teaching Children Responsibility
- The Whole Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture your Child's Developing Mind
- Why Gender Matters
- Playful Parenting
- Oh Crap! Potty Training
- For an extended list of parenting and child development books, click here.
Technology & Media
- Unplugged Play
- iBrain: Surviving the Technological Alteration of the Modern Mind
- The Big Disconnect: Protecting Childhood and Family Relationships in the Digital Age
- The Elephant in the Living Room: Make Television Work for Your Kids
Speech / Occupational Therapists
From the Heart Therapy Services
Kid Works Therapy Services
KidVentures Therapy Services
Swank Enrichment Center
Speech-language therapy clinic specializing in diagnosing and treating various communication and sensory disorders.http://swankenrichmentcenter.com
Bethany Prescott, MA, LPC
“I choose to utilize a coaching model in my practice. This means that I use more direct guidance than a traditional therapist might. The way I conceptualize it is that my own thoughts, feelings, and life experiences are more ‘in the room’ than a traditional therapy model calls for. You’ll notice that I’ll openly share what my observations are, offer direct suggestions and ideas, give homework, point out patterns, and share my own feelings and experiences as a mother and wife.”http://bethanyprescott.com
Claire Flynn, M.Ed. - For Kids Sake
Carrie Contey, Ph.D.
Child & Family Therapists
Dr. Mike Brooks, Ph.D., LSSP - Austin Psychology and Assessment Center
Jonah O'Hara - College Counselor & Educational Consultant
Teri Sperry - Educational Consultant/Founder Alt Ed Austin
Parent Heroes, Child Sleep Consultant and Oh Crap! Potty Training Consultant
Click below for a collection of videos about Montessori, child development, and more!Visit the Videos Page