Sight Word Painting
Description: Using a white crayon and white paper, you can write down sight words and your child will be able to reveal them with a layer of water color paint.
Goal: Becoming familiar and comfortable with sight words will make a huge difference in their reading journey.
- White paper
- White crayon
- Water color paint
- List of sight words (below)
- Use list of sight words and write several on a blank white sheet of paper, all in lower case
- Invite your child to watercolor over each word
- They can practice using one color per word and rinsing their brush in between
- Ask your child to read the word, help if they need it
- Along with sight words, try numbers, letters, friends’ names!