Combine fine motor, gross motor and math with this fun activity.
Practice subtraction with a fun “squishy” element. Watch Veronica’s sweet video with her daughter, Josephine demonstrating this work.
- Play-doh of any color
- Hands and feet
- Clear a working space and gather supplies
- Make 20 play-doh balls
- Write numbers 1-20 on a piece of paper and cut into strips.
- Tape strips together to make a long line.
- Make 5 subtraction problems on a piece of paper.
- Lay out the play-dough balls to the larger number of your problem.
- Have your child squish the pieces and tell you how many are left.
- Write down the answer