Have a little help washing the windows around the house with just a few items!
- Developing the hand strength for handwriting.
- Enjoying being an active part of their community.
- Having fun!
- Spray bottle
- Crumpled up newsprint Or squeegee or baby washcloth or any small cloth
- White vinegar
- Few drops essential oil (option)
- Container or tray to hold items
- Gather supplies. This can be done with your child or you can prep in advance.
- The child fills the spray bottle almost full of water & tops it with vinegar. (A funnel & pitcher are helpful/not required)
- Adults supervise adding 5 drops of essential oil.
- Demonstrate spraying ‘just enough’ on the window.
- Wipe vigorously with balled up newsprint or small cloth
- If you have a squeegee demonstrate how to use it, then wipe.
- Put everything back in the container or tray. Find a place to keep it (easily accessible to the child) and let them know the Window Washing Work is always available.