Get the whole family engaged as you create your own zip-line using recycled materials! This STEAM activity encourages imaginative play and develops fine and gross motor skills.
- Recycled toilet paper or paper towel rolls
- Long string/lanyard
- Art supplies (markers, crayons, washi tape/stickers, feathers.. etc. )
- Set up an art station to decorate the rolls.
- Find an area to set up your zip-line, a fence or a tree to tie one end of the string.
- Place your rolls onto the string
- Find another area to tie the end of your string, make sure one side is higher than the other so there is an incline for your zip-line.
- Be mindful that the strings are an appropriate height for your child to reach.
- Begin at the higher end and watch your zip-line go!
If creating multiple zip-lines, make sure each tube is on its own string.
Create zip-lines with varying heights and distances.
Create multiple zip-lines and have a race!